NIVA trained the citizen science coordinators of the vessel Viking Octantis during 15-20th of December 2021 at NIVA and on-site of the Octantis. The micro-NIR scanner, the usage of the manta trawl and the operation of NIVAs FerryBox including the microplastic sampling module were demonstrated. The Octantis was deployed shortly after and the citizen science program is in progress, while more than 200 passengers have participated. Passengers process samples on-board collected by the FerryBox microplastic module or by trawling. Control samples and seize fractions < 300 um are sent back to NIVA’s microplastic lab for further analysis.
- Successful Conclusion of the Nautilos Summer School in Oslo
- Innovations in Ocean Sensing: Advancements in Marine Chemistry and Deep Ocean Physics Instrumentation
- NAUTILOS Project Hosts Successful Policy Round Table at Ocean Race Grand Finale in Genova
- Nautilos Unveils Two Policy Briefs at World Ocean Race, Championing Ocean Preservation and Sustainable Development
- Euromarine Summer School “Emerging topics in coastal marine ecosystems (eTOPs)”